Monday 21 May 2012

Get thee behind me, Mental Inertia/Vig bort, Mentale Træghed

While we were on holiday I was focused on "La vida Loca". I tweaked my perceptions ever so slightly and found the fantastic and the absurd in the everyday. I found moments pure pleasure, like that perfect moment in the sun when you are balanced- warmed to the bone but just before you burn and sweat pours out of your skin. How hard can it be to continue living this way?

The truth is - I catch myself slowly sliding into mental inertia. It is the lure of familiar ways of doing things, of reacting to things and seeing things. Get thee behind me, Mental Inertia! I am getting the fantastic and the absurd back in my life.

Mens vi var på ferie var jeg fokuseret på "La vida Loca". Jeg justerede min perception lige så fint og fandte de fantastiske og de absurde i hverdagen. Jeg fandte øjeblikke af ent nydelse, ligesom det perfekte øjeblikke i solen hvor du er helt i balance - varmen trænger ind til benet men lige før du brander og sveder vælter ud af din hud. Hvor svært kan det være at fortsætte at leve på denne vis?

Sandheden er  - Jeg fanger mig selv i at glide langsomt mod mentale træghed. Den dragende magt af den kendte og sædvanlige måde at agere , at reagere og at opleve. Vig bort, Mentale Træghed! Jeg får de fantastiske og de absurde tilbage i mit liv.

No comments:

Post a Comment