Sunday 27 May 2012

Getting cold called on a saturday morning/Bondefangeri på en lørdag

So my computer crashes and data recovery may not be possible. What else can happen? Well this morning I got cold called by the so-called Microsoft Technical support, claiming that they had received information about virus and malware attacks on my computer running on windows 7. A snotty kid with an indian accent tried to get me to give him remote access to my computer. The cheeky pup! After putting up with me for about 20 mins. he finally hung up when I asked whether he really believed that I would give someone access to my computer without microsoft's verification of  the call or the issue (everyone knows Microsoft do not do calls).
On the bright side, 20 min. on the phone with me is punishment enough, as I am blessed with many Vogon traits (For non hitchhikers, check out  "vogon" on wikipedia). By the way, that chorus of amens are from the people who know me :-)

Min komputer er død og det er ikke sikkert, at dataen kan redes. Hvad ellers kan ske? Ja i morges blev jeg ringet op af den såkaldt Microsoft Technical support, som påstod at de havde modtaget oplysninger om virus og malware angreb på min computer, der kørte på windows 7. En snotuge med en indisk accent prøvede at få til give ham adgang til min komputer. Den lille hvalp! Efter han havde hørt på mig i 20 min. måtte han lægge røret på, da jeg spurgte om han virkelig troede at jeg vil give adgang til min komputer uden microsoft's verifikation af opkaldet og problemet (Alle ved, at Microsoft  vil aldrig ringe til dig)
Set fra den lyse side, 20 min med mig på røret er straffe nok, eftersom jeg er velsignet med mange Vogon egenskaber (hvis er ikke en galakseblaffer, slå "vogon" op i wikipedia). For resten, den omkvæd af "amen" er fra folk der kender mig :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment